× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a readynas10400 that doesnt want to boot anymore

Cenoke
Aspirant

I have a readynas10400 that doesnt want to boot anymore

Hello

My RN10400 doesnt want to boot, it boots with the USB, goes out but doesnt buut without the usb

I was wondering if i  take all HD and put them into a new RN314, will i recover my files?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I have a readynas10400 that doesnt want to boot anymore

Hi Cenoke,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, if there are no issues on the volume on your RN104, the RN314 should boot normally when you insert the disks from the RN104 to the RN314 (disks should be on the same order) since both are OS6 devices. You may check this article for reference as well.

You can also install first a scratch disk (not from the array) to the RN314 and update its firmware, then remove the scratch disk, power down the system and insert the disks from the RN104 (disks should be on the same order).

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Cenoke,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, if there are no issues on the volume on your RN104, the RN314 should boot normally when you insert the disks from the RN104 to the RN314 (disks should be on the same order) since both are OS6 devices. You may check this article for reference as well.

You can also install first a scratch disk (not from the array) to the RN314 and update its firmware, then remove the scratch disk, power down the system and insert the disks from the RN104 (disks should be on the same order).

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Cenoke
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the reply!!

Greetz

C

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies