× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I keep losing my ReadyNAS from my network?

Motorised
Aspirant

I keep losing my ReadyNAS from my network?

I keep losing my Ready Nas Duo from my network. It’s my own fault for playing around with the settings. Which I’ve obviously upset somewhere, but what’s making it worse is that I can no longer log in using the default login and password. Neither can I access the settings from RAIDar.

Any suggestions how I can get in and reset the settings back to the default so that Windows Home Premium can see it again without having to go through RAIDar every time? Or resetting the mapped drive share?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: I keep losing my ReadyNAS from my network?

You can perfrom an OS re-install. Please follow the instructions obtained from the link below:

http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=5029

Duo / NV / NV+ / X6/600
To perform an OS Re-install or Factory Default, this is managed via the Reset button on the back of the chassis.

1.Locate the reset pinhole.
I.ReadyNAS X6/600: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
II.ReadyNAS Duo/NV/NV+: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
2.Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS.
Message 2 of 7
Motorised
Aspirant

Thank you. It makes life just that little bit easier when you know which direction to go in.
Message 3 of 7
Motorised
Aspirant

Oh dear. What happens if it doesn't work?

I've poked it with the pin, and the switch was easy enough to detect. So I didn't prod it too hard, but just enough to reset it. Nothing happened. I'm still exactly where I was in the first place. My main computer lists it in Windows Explorer, but I can't access it. The last thing I want to do is reset it. I lost all my data once before and don't want to do it again.

Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

Try to contact support.
Message 5 of 7
Motorised
Aspirant

To all those lovely people contemplating an answer to my dilemma, don’t worry. I’ve ditched it. I’ve suffered enough.

I don’t know when I’ll by buying another Netgear product. But if I ever do, no doubt you’ll be reading about it here in the Netgear support forums. That seems to be where Netgear owners spend most of their time.
Message 6 of 7
arjoseph1
Tutor

I really do apologize for this inconvenience. In contacting support you will be assisted much beter and they will walk you thru the entire steps.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements