× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I'm very confused with Access and Account Management

Hiryu
Aspirant

I'm very confused with Access and Account Management

Hi,

I have just bought RN120 and tried to share some folders to few computers connected to my LAN, via SMB.
There is no domain server in the network.
The firmware is 6.0.7
Firstly, what is the use of User Groups? I cannot find any use of it.
I have some user account assigned to a user group, let say "user1"& "user2" are in "Group1"
When I try to share a folder to all users in Group1, I think I just need to check the "Group1 " to have read and write permission will let "user1" and "user2" to assess the folder.
In fact, it doesn't, I have to check all the users individually (i.e. user1 & user2) to allow them to access the folder.
Basically, whether the "Group1" is checked for read/write permission or not, it doesn't seems to do anything.

Secondly, in the Web Setup interface, I logged-in as an admin.
I suppose I can browse the content, but actually, I can only browse the folders with permission to read only or read/write was set to "Everyone". In other word, if the folder is not permitted everyone in the network to assess it, the admin has no right to assess it, very strange.

Thirdly, I have tried to use ReadyNASRemote App in my Android phone, no matter I have tried to set the user and password, I can only access the folder only if the permission is set to "Everyone"

Anyone has similar problem?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
m1sterd
Tutor

Re: I'm very confused with Access and Account Management

I had replied to another thread regarding issues with ReadyCloud and ReadyRemote.

I found ReadyRemote appears to work correctly on iOS but on Android it has other issues, there was also an issue with the number of characters in the folder/share name.

See viewtopic.php?t=70788&f=23
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements