× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IE9 download Save As to NVX creates only partial file

underhillm
Aspirant

IE9 download Save As to NVX creates only partial file

I have always been able to use the 'Save As' option from a Internet Explorer download and save a file directly to a share on the NVX. Just recently the save dialog pops up twice and I end up with 2 name.partial files - which are not complete. Saving to local disk and to Windows server shares works fine, so I think it might be a v4.2.16 or 17 upgrade issue. I am using IE9. Copying files to the share from the file system works fine.

Thanks
Mark
Message 1 of 11
dmahon1
Aspirant

Re: IE9 download Save As to NVX creates only partial file

I find exactly the same here (using 4.2.17) - has anyone solved this problem (is it even acknowledged)?
Message 2 of 11
vuilverwerking1
Aspirant

For me the same problem with saving NZB and Torrent files.

Following the viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46027 topic solved my problem.
Message 3 of 11
dmahon1
Aspirant

Any updates?
Message 4 of 11
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

I'd suggest contacting support and seeing if they can reproduce the issue.
Message 5 of 11
underhillm
Aspirant

I too am having this problem. Has anyone found a fix?
Message 6 of 11
Jedi_Exile
NETGEAR Expert

The issue is not necessary the NAS but likely the new security changes to IE9 as even NTFS server shares are having issues the same issue.

See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 217866a8c9

Same behavior when doing SaveAs and saving to network share, users gets a second pop up. Only on shares with Full permission for Everyone it does not happen.

This issue does not happen on IE8 with 4.2.17 so it is likely the issue is due to security changes of IE9 for Internet/Network domain.
Can one of you test with your NAS on 4.2.17 with IE9 to see if issue occurs when doing Save As to share with full Public Access enabled such as backup or Media.
Message 7 of 11
underhillm
Aspirant

Yes, this problem occurs for me whatever the settings on the NAS, incl full Public Access. I see the hotfix for IE9 will be available on 9 August 2011.
Message 8 of 11
Martinc1
Aspirant

having the same problem with the ultra 2 with the windows update installed, anymore ideas?
Message 9 of 11
dmw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got the same problem. I have fully updated IE9 (uninstalled it, downloaded fresh copy and installed it). Still, when I try "Save As" to the ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus, it fails. The windows pops up twice then the download fails, leaving two 0-byte .partial files in the target directory. I have no such problem doing the same thing with Firefox 7 (using the same download, to the same directory on the same share). So this can't really be a permissions issue. Possibly a samba issue, or is IE9 at fault? Perhaps the Windows hotfix didn't actually fix it. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Message 10 of 11
underhillm
Aspirant

I am still having this problem as the hotfix didn't resolve it. I too run Win 7 Ultimate 64bit so perhaps that is a common factor which Netgear could investigate.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements