× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Impossible to access admin page. ReadyNas Admin page offline

AleFonPal
Star

Impossible to access admin page. ReadyNas Admin page offline

Good morning,

since friday i can't access to admin page of my backup server readynas rn3138. It had ReadyDR job active to copy all directory from main server, but friday night readyDR job failed and from that moment i can't access admin page. The server ask me username and password, i login with admin user and after i inserted the password it say "connecting to admin page". After 50 secs it say "ReadyNas Admin Page offline". Most of the time i can't even insert the credentials for the access beacuse the browser say "unreachable site". From prompt command i can ping the server and it works.From software Raidar i can't see the server so i don't know how to send the logs. This server has the smb service and the Quota function active. How can i resolve this problem?

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Impossible to access admin page. ReadyNas Admin page offline

Can you still access the shares with file explorer?  Or does that also fail?

Message 2 of 6
AleFonPal
Star

no, i can't access to shares from file explorer.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps power down the NAS, remove the disks (labeling by slot), and then power it again.  Then see if RAIDar finds it with no disks detected.

Is this service action notice applicable to your ReadyNAS (e.g, does the serial number indicate it has the defective Intel processor)?  https://kb.netgear.com/000037344/Service-Note-for-RN3130-RN3138-WC7500-and-WC7600v2

Message 4 of 6
AleFonPal
Star

I turned off the server, removed the disks and then I turned it back on. Now i see the server on software raidar, but the fourth character of the serial number is not a number but a letter. What can i do now?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@AleFonPal wrote:

Now i see the server on software raidar, but the fourth character of the serial number is not a number but a letter. What can i do now?

Not sure of the serial numbering on your model of NAS, but the good news is that you aren't affected by that defective CPU.  Also, the fact that you can see the server w/o disks suggests that your chassis is ok.

At this point, I'd test the disks in a Windows PC with vendor tools (Seatools for Seagate, Dashboard for Western Digital).  Run the full generic test - the shorter tests are best understood as confidence tests.  Window won't understand the file system, but the vendor tools should still "see" the disks.  Note you can connect the disks using a USB/SATA adapter/dock. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements