× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Indexing of Artists, Albums etc.

rudolffischer
Aspirant

Indexing of Artists, Albums etc.

Hi
I have been using Twonky on my ReadyNAS NV and it is a pain for several reasons, especially becuase it keeps running processes in the background which slow down the ReadyNAS.
Now I have installed the latest version of ReadyDLNA (1.0.21) and tried that one. It seems to run without problems, but it is a pain to use with large music collections, as it does not have alphabetical indexing. When I open the Artists or Albums trees, I get hundreds of entries, as I have around 10'000 CDs on my NAS.
I am sure it has been suggested in the past to add an alphabetical index to the trees. I am wondering whether there is an inherent limitation in the way, or whether the developers simply didn't get around to it yet.
Thanks and regards
Rudi
Message 1 of 2
dsm1212
Apprentice

Re: Indexing of Artists, Albums etc.

+1, I actually have two reasons for keeping twonky around along with readydlna: 1) automatic artist indexes. If you have even one client device that paginates the artist lists, you'll know why readydlna is useless for music :-(, and 2) automatic photo indexes based on tags. Wish I didn't have to buy a twonky license but it looks like I do for now. ReadyDLNA actually seems better at playing movie formats so I'd much rather have these two features in readydlna.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements