× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Integrating ReadyNAS and Microsoft Teams

mattmarlowe
Guide

Integrating ReadyNAS and Microsoft Teams

For the last ten years, my small consulting company has used a readynas as the primary storage for files.  I've heavily resisted using the cloud for primary storage... It is for  encrypted backups only....

Unfortunately, tech moves on...everyone here uses Microsoft teams, Windows 10, and surface devices now...there is a push to integrate as much as possible into teams software.. One place for discussion, project management, CRM, calling, GitHub, Azure devops, etc....

Ideally  teams would  just be a bidirectional  mirror of  the readynas... But,  teams  isn't even friendly with onedrive... All major filestores have to be via  sharepoint.  I'm not seeing how to mirror sharepoint to readynas.  I know a similar protocol is used, but realworld how would I get readynas mirroring sharepoint or integrating directly into teams...

One option is using another server to use readycloud to backup the  sharepoint directories.  Or, use readynas vault to backup directly to vault.  However, I like knowing that there is a complete onsite backup of teams files in the nas...

Ideas?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Integrating ReadyNAS and Microsoft Teams

@mattmarlowe

Sharepoint is currently not supported on ReadyNAS only Onedrive and Onedrive for business. It will be a good additional feature, you may want to post it on the Ideas Exchange board.

Have not tried any of the possible ways you mentioned but it might work. Other community members may also have tried using a different approach.

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements