× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Invalid unit "P" for Dutch (NL) version of 6.9.5 for the network througput graph

dsnpevl
Virtuoso

Invalid unit "P" for Dutch (NL) version of 6.9.5 for the network througput graph

In ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5, the unit for the network througput graph in the Performance tab seems incorrect in the Dutch (NL) language version. There is "P", when there should be "k". It seems correct in the English version. Can this be fixed?

NL transfer speed wrong unit.png

EN transfer speed correct unit.png

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN31223D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
dsnpevl
Virtuoso

Re: Invalid unit "P" for Dutch (NL) version of 6.9.5 for the network througput graph

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hi@dsnpevl , I upgraded my RN426 yesterday to 6.9.5 and switched the language to Dutch. The units seem to be correct as you can see from the screenshot.

Kind regards

201901261600_DutchUnitsOnThroughputChartRN426.JPG

@Retired_Member, not seeing your image in the forum. Looked at the the graph again today. Seems the problem only occurs if I set the period pulldown to include the period before upgrading. So, e.g. 1 week, 1 month. If I set it to 1 day or shorter, the "k" shows up, as expected.

P and T unit.pngk unit.png

Thinking about the "P" unit, it could be a indicator for Petabyte (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veelvouden_van_bytes), since I also see "T" being used sometimes that could be used as the unit for Terabyte.  But I seriously doubt my network could ever achieve suchs speeds. I now think that the measurement gap during the upgrade is causing some false data that results in extremely high values in the data througput calculations. Not a big problem, because I seldom look at periods longer than a day.

View solution in original post

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi@dsnpevl , I upgraded my RN426 yesterday to 6.9.5 and switched the language to Dutch. The units seem to be correct as you can see from the screenshot.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 4
dsnpevl
Virtuoso

@Retired_Member wrote:

Kind regards

@Retired_Member, not seeing your image in the forum. Looked at the the graph again today. Seems the problem only occurs if I set the period pulldown to include the period before upgrading. So, e.g. 1 week, 1 month. If I set it to 1 day or shorter, the "k" shows up, as expected.

P and T unit.pngk unit.png

Thinking about the "P" unit, it could be a indicator for Petabyte (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veelvouden_van_bytes), since I also see "T" being used sometimes that could be used as the unit for Terabyte.  But I seriously doubt my network could ever achieve suchs speeds. I now think that the measurement gap during the upgrade is causing some false data that results in extremely high values in the data througput calculations. Not a big problem, because I seldom look at periods longer than a day.

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@dsnpevl wrote: "Thinking about the "P" unit, it could be a indicator for Petabyte"

rofl, that is a good one!

Great to hear, that you can live with it. I think we now already have the attention of our Netgear mods and this little glitch might be fixed in the next release.

Kind regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements