× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with admin web interface ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3

stephenbel
Follower

Issue with admin web interface ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3

Hello all.  This is a problem which has been replicated by 2nd level tech support.

Int the system setting screen under services, when you select SMB and check :use legacy discovery" , then press apply, your selection is properly saved.  If you log out and log in again, going back to SMB. you will see that the checkbox for "Use legacy discovery" is still check.  If you then click apply again -- the interface really shoud not let you click apply if you have made no changes, it appears that it has still saved the checked box.  But log out and log in again, go to SMB services and lo and behold the box is now unchecked.

This cuased us some consternation and wasted some troubleshooting time when a device which uses legacy discovery, which had been connected to the readynas, was no longer able to even find any windows (SMB) shares or the readynas itself. 

Hopefully, in the next release, the ability to apply in SMB services when no changes have been made will be grayed out, like it is most everywhere else in the interface,

Model: RN426| ReadyNAS High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Issue with admin web interface ReadyNAS OS 6.9.3

You might want to put this into the idea section. I will be happy to upvote it there to help bringing it to the attention of the developers.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

You might want to put this into the idea section. 

Level 2 has undoubtedly already logged it as a bug.

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If this is put as an idea we can see how many people might like this going into production soon. I would be interested in seeing this.

I have no idea how the internal communication between netgear 2nd level operational support and netgear development is defined. What 2nd level might know, might not not be known to development.

To my understanding it does not hurt to create it as an idea and it also gives some additional useful information about how other members of the community see this issue.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

To my understanding it does not hurt to create it as an idea

It won't hurt, but (regrettably) probably won't help much either.  Netgear's pretty sluggish on implementing the ideas in the exchange.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements