× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Joining ReadyNAS 3220 to AD

BukerooBanzai
Aspirant

Joining ReadyNAS 3220 to AD

I recently reset my ReadyNAS 3220 to factory default setting in order to clear a problem with access to the Admin page (management service not available). Now I wish to join this NAS to my domain but even though it says "Security settings successfully applied" and I see the NAS in my AD (under computers) there is no change on the NAS. I see no users/adminstrators added and the Administrator Name field on the Authentication page is not greyed out as it should be. We have this identical device in another of our offices on the same domain it it works correctly there. I was careful to follow the instructions from Netgear regarding this. I had previouly tried to add this NAS to my AD and when I experienced the same problem I tired rebooting it after waiting for an hour. Upon reboot it no longer gave me access to the Admin panel. Help! I need to get this solved ASAP!!!

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Joining ReadyNAS 3220 to AD

Which firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 7
BukerooBanzai
Aspirant

The latest, 6.6.1

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 4 of 7
BukerooBanzai
Aspirant

Log file and screen caps have been sent.

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Unrelated to the AD Issue but you should deal with that rogue data-0 volume.

You have the “Don’t cache local ADS accounts locally” box ticked so it’s expected that you won’t see the users in the NAS GUI.

Looks like AD is connected fine. You should configure permissions on the file level from Windows.

Message 6 of 7
BukerooBanzai
Aspirant

Thank you for the explanation about the ADS, all users show up now. I am still a bit confused about why the 3220 at my other office shows the domain admin name field greyed out after it connected to the domain. 

One last question. What do you mean by "that rogue dadat-0 volume"?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements