× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Kernel Plus usage

amarschilok
Aspirant

Kernel Plus usage

I've been searching for a while, and I just can not find any reference documentation for the Kernel Plus app on my ReadyNAS 102. All I can find are vague descriptions of "advanced CLI network options", among other things.

I am a network admin by trade, but I'm not too familiar with Linux/BASH. Is there any documentation or CLI reference anywhere that describes how to config these "advanced" network settings in the CLI?

Thanks in advance!

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Kernel Plus usage

Hi @amarschilok , welcome to the club. If you like you could comment/upvote on the idea behind this link to document your frustration and nudge the developers into the intended direction. Kind regards

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Idea-Exchange/Apps-offered-for-installation-should-all-hav...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @amarschilok , welcome to the club. If you like you could comment/upvote on the idea behind this link to document your frustration and nudge the developers into the intended direction. Kind regards

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Idea-Exchange/Apps-offered-for-installation-should-all-hav...

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, you won't need this app if you are using ssh to examine file permissions, copy/rename/delete files, or examine system status and logs.

So I don't think you'll miss it if you pass on the install.  On the other hand, it does no harm to install it.

Message 3 of 5
amarschilok
Aspirant

I'm mainly interested in Kernel Plus for the promised "advanced networking" features. I'm getting abysmal throughput performance, and I'd like to at least be able to try to fix it.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@amarschilok wrote:

I'm mainly interested in Kernel Plus for the promised "advanced networking" features. I'm getting abysmal throughput performance, and I'd like to at least be able to try to fix it.

Kernel Plus just installs some additional packages that might be needed for some other installs.  It doesn't add any new functionality to the web ui.

Can you provide more details on your throughput?  Have you checked disk health and the network stats in the log zip file?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements