× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest BIOS for a ReadyNAS 2100 v2

egranuloma
Aspirant

Latest BIOS for a ReadyNAS 2100 v2

I have a ReadyNAS 2100 v2 on BIOS "09/20/2010 ReadyNAS-NVX-V2 V1.9"

From what I have read is I can update the bios to "08/23/2011 ReadyNAS-NVX-V2 V1.10"

When I try to update with "BIOS_Update_Package_0.5-x86.bin" nothing happens.

When I try to update with "RN_Ultra4_082311.ROM" its tells me its not the right platform.

Its the latest bios for the ReadyNAS 2100 v2 "09/20/2010 ReadyNAS-NVX-V2 V1.9" or "08/23/2011 ReadyNAS-NVX-V2 V1.10"

Am I missing something? 

Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: Latest BIOS for a ReadyNAS 2100 v2

Are you sure you have the 2100v2?  The NVX and the 2100 (v1) both had 32 bit processors; the v2 was 64 bit and used the ultra bios.

While I've never owned a rackmount, it seems odd that the v2 bios would be identified as NVX.

Message 2 of 9
egranuloma
Aspirant

v1 or v2 thats the pickle I was in when buying these. The outside says nothing about version two. I had to check the serial number on the support section of the Netgear site and I thought I confimed in it radiator.

Attached is the Netgear Support lookup...

Message 3 of 9
egranuloma
Aspirant

Here is the Radiator picture (I can only attach one file at a time)

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Looks like it is a v2.  Hopefully @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V will chime in (and provide a link to the correct bios).

Message 5 of 9
egranuloma
Aspirant

Thanks man, I am just praying that these are upgradeable to OS6. I just bought 4 of these units for a project I'm doing (if you notice the serial numbers were different in the two pictures...)

On a side note, I didnt not attempt to upgrade to OS6 because my uncle always advised me to upgrade the BIOS first then the OS.

I appreciate any help I can get. This forumn has been a huge help for my uncle and I. I think I am up to 8 of the older 6 bay units now. I just love the fact that we are able to give older units a new life with OS6. I was planning to take out the drawer in my rack and put two of those 4 bays in there lol, see attached.

Message 6 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@egranuloma wrote:

Thanks man, I am just praying that these are upgradeable to OS6.

The 2100 v2's are upgradable to OS-6, the older v1s aren't (because they are 32 bit).

Message 7 of 9
egranuloma
Aspirant

Understood, however I would like to get the BIOS upgraded first and figure out if these are even v2's

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@egranuloma wrote:

Understood, however I would like to get the BIOS upgraded first and figure out if these are even v2's

Hopefully one of the mods will respond soon.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements