× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Legacy unit with failed power supply. Looking to source replacement part

EkDor
Aspirant

Legacy unit with failed power supply. Looking to source replacement part

RND4000 (ReadyNAS NV+ v1 [v3] ) Legacy unit with failed power supply. Looking to source replacement part. Not after free replacement since it's obviously out of warranty and end of life product. However it's an expensive bit of kit to replace. If I did I would still want to use this one as a sync backup for the new one.

I have been unable to find any matching PSU by the name given on the unit (ST-220FUB-05E), All my search results have come up with a different PSU with smilar looks and same name. Differences include slight changes in the output rails, different output connectors. These also include a fan which mine does not have, possibly a clue to the fail there.

I was shocked to find there was/is no replacable fuse in the PSU, and if there was a fusable commonent it failed to do the job since a large mosfet cracket itself clean off it's heatsink, think that's what it is, hard to see in there. Failing finding a replacement I'll have to try my hand at replacing the obviously damaged componant. Not easy since it's crowded in there and might fail since there are possibly other failed components that didn't explode or vent. I really need ot get this unit backup and running.

Please help. Will consider purchasing an equivelent second hand RND4000 for parts. Cheers.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello EkDor,

This PSU replacement was for free until supplies last and I heard that they already ran out of it.

RND4PSU1-10000S is the part number that you can look up in the Internet and see if there's any one selling online. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello EkDor,

This PSU replacement was for free until supplies last and I heard that they already ran out of it.

RND4PSU1-10000S is the part number that you can look up in the Internet and see if there's any one selling online. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
EkDor
Aspirant

Thank you for your responce and useful information.

I had a look for that part number and did get some results. Unfortunatly all the 2 retailers I did find were asking alot for them. Selling in UK; England Pounds converting to Australian Dollars plus shipping really makes it expensive. Infact it's one quarter of the original cost of the devices including its 4x 2TB drives... I'm going to have to try a repair before I spend that much... At least I am now able to get results for my searches, so thanks again. Cheers.

P.S. I'll mark this as resolved but would love to hear from anyone willing to sell an old one for parts, if cost is reasonable.

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Search the forum for "legacy power supply" and you will find your post, and this one:https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Hardware-Compatibility/Inexpensive-power-supply-replacemen...

Message 4 of 7
EkDor
Aspirant

Thanks SandShark. Looks like a good option. Cheers.

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Note that the NV+ v1 uses a different CPU architecture and RAID format to the NVX and Ultra 6 so you can't move your disks across to those.

There is however a process for using a current model ReadyNAS for data recovery. See ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator 4.1 or RAIDiator 5.3 to ReadyNAS OS 6

Once you've prepared the device for data recovery and contacted support and purchased a contract (if needed) support would provide you instructions on what to do next.

Using a 3rd party PSU would be done at your own risk. It is not something we support.

Message 6 of 7
EkDor
Aspirant

Thanks. I do understand that repeairs and replacement/mod PSU is all at own risk.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements