× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

License Key Activation Reset

bjefferys_maxit
Aspirant

License Key Activation Reset

First let me start by saying your phone support is the worst I have ever dealt with in my 25 years in IT consulting.  I have never had so many run arounds and queue transfers from being 2nd in a queue to 23rd in a queue in my life for any type of phone support.  My patience is running thin with Netgear support in general.  We are almost to the point where we will never sell another Netgear device solely on the terrible phone support alone.  We are not a small mom and pop IT shop.  

That said, we have a ReadyNAS that we deactivated the ReadyNAS Surveillance key on to use on a different NAS.  The different NAS now give error 11 on the key.  The key needs deactivated.

Model: RNDU2220 Ultra 2|READYNAS ULTRA 2 (4TB: 2x2TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: License Key Activation Reset

Hi bjefferys_maxit,,

The license key has now been reset. You can now re-use it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjefferys_maxit,

Welcome to the Community!

I apologize for this inconvenience. Can you PM me the ReadyNAS Surveillance license key and the serial number of the NAS? I will forward a request to reset the license.

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjefferys_maxit,,

The license key has now been reset. You can now re-use it.

Regards,

Message 3 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bjefferys_maxit,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
bjefferys_maxit
Aspirant

They are now reactivated.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 12
ReadyNASCamUser
Aspirant

Hi everyone - My ReadyNAS did a factory reset on accident and I need to have my readynas surveillance license reset so I can re-activate it on the ReadyNAS. Can someone please help and reset it for me so I can get my cameras back online?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How did you do that accidentally? The procedure for a factory reset is sufficiently different to that for other things that it shouldn’t be possible to do it accidentally.
Message 7 of 12
ReadyNASCamUser
Aspirant

Not entirely sure - I downloaded the latest firmware that it said was available and it applied it and said it was going to reboot and when it rebooted my installed Surveilance app was missing and so I re-installed that and tried to activate my 4 camera license again and it said its already in use so I'm needing a reset done on my license.

Message 8 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@ReadyNASCamUser wrote:

Not entirely sure - I downloaded the latest firmware that it said was available and it applied it and said it was going to reboot and when it rebooted my installed Surveilance app was missing and so I re-installed that and tried to activate my 4 camera license again and it said its already in use so I'm needing a reset done on my license.

A factory reset would have destroyed all your data.  So if you just lost the Surveillance app, then it was definitely something else.

Message 9 of 12
ReadyNASCamUser
Aspirant

none-the-less how it happened - I just need to get my readynas surveillance license reset so I can begin to again use what we've paid for 🙂

Message 10 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ReadyNASCamUser

The license has now been reset. Please check if you can re-use it.

Regards,

Message 11 of 12
ReadyNASCamUser
Aspirant

John = rockstar 🙂

just tried and it worked excellent! Thank you so much sir!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements