× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lion and AFP

Blue_Rover
Aspirant

Lion and AFP

I will start by saying that I realise there has been a lot of discussion on this topic and I am only posting as I am not sure if this has been covered elsewhere having looked.

Although I have had my ReadyNas Duo for a while now I only use it for streaming films to PS3 and music to Sonos. I have never had any real issues with it so consider myself a newbie still when it comes to permissions and creating shares etc. For what I use it for it has always just worked.

I upgraded to Lion and Raid 4.2.18-T5 after I experienced issues seeing the Nas in Finder and finding the updated firmware on the ReadyNas site.

I use Chronosync to copy the iTunes library on my iMac to the music share on my Nas using CIFS (I dont sync but always backup so any changes only go one way i.e. mac to nas). Given the issue with Lion, the CIFS share no longer appeared hence the new FW download. I changed the target location in Chronosync to look at the Music share on AFP and ran the back up job. It cannot access the AFP share to write the changes to it. I have to skip everything for the job to complete.

I have happily added new DVD rips though Finder to the Media share (using AFP) but I am at a loss why I cannot connect and copy to the Music share

Please note the Music share I refer to is not the music folder in Media and was set up on the Nas through Finder so Sonos would just pick up the music and not other files under the Media share - this was done prior to Lion install

Any help would be appreciated. I am not sure it is something I have done (it all worked before Lion) or this is an issue with Lion and access to my Nas.

Mac OS - 10.7
Raid FW - 4.2.18-T5
Model - ReadyNas Duo

If any more information is required please let me know....

Many thanks
Message 1 of 2
Blue_Rover
Aspirant

Re: Lion and AFP

Solved the problem.

The share I had created was not a default share. It seemed to work before but now I changed the permissions in Frontview to replicate that of Media and I could access the share through Chronosync.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements