× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Locked out of my readynas admin account

person21
Follower

Locked out of my readynas admin account

After entering my password incorectly multiple time it said I was locked out for 5 minutes but now after serveral hours of waiting im am still locked out. 

Please help

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Locked out of my readynas admin account

@person21 wrote:

After entering my password incorectly multiple time it said I was locked out for 5 minutes but now after serveral hours of waiting im am still locked out. 

What browser are you using?  There was an issue with Firefox - it was automatically retrying the log-on (and extending the lock-out period).

So you can try looking in it's settings and deleting the password. Updating FireFox might also help (one other user reported it did).  Or switch to a different browser to gain access.

Either way you'll need to wait for 5 minutes before trying again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Locked out of my readynas admin account

@person21 wrote:

What browser are you using?  There was an issue with Firefox - it was automatically retrying the log-on (and extending the lock-out period).

So you can try looking in it's settings and deleting the password. Updating FireFox might also help (one other user reported it did).  Or switch to a different browser to gain access.

Either way you'll need to wait for 5 minutes before trying again.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements