× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ikonuk
Guide

Friends:

I started and logged with one USER ID after installing RAIDar 4.3.8. When I pressed the "BROWSE" button, it opens a Windows Explorer session and displays a number of SHARES that I have on my NAS (RN10200) drive. However, in addition, a folder/share is shown labeled same as the USER ID I used to log in to RAIDar. Could anyone tell me where this folder/share is pointing to?

If I wish to log in to RAIDar with a different USER ID, how would I achieve that? After the first time, RAIDar does not ask the user credentials.

Happy Holidays ....
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Log into RAIDar with a diffrent User ID

You have private home shares enabled under Shares > Shares > Home Folders in the Dashboard.

This is a user that just the user and the admin user can access.

You could delete the connections using the "net use" command on the command prompt and then connect using a different user ID.
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

mdgm wrote:
You could delete the connections using the "net use" command on the command prompt and then connect using a different user ID.
Yes. Windows only allows one logon at a time, so you do need to delete the existing connections. net use * /delete will do it.

Though there is a trick - windows doesn't know that the nasname and nasipaddress are the same machine. So if you are connected using nasname, you can log in using nasipaddress with different credentials.
Message 3 of 4
ikonuk
Guide

Thank you for both replies. Very helpful.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements