× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Losing license when migrating from old to new readynas chassi

holmquistmagnus
Aspirant

Losing license when migrating from old to new readynas chassi

Hello

I have a RN31200 with two disks (4tb each). I recently bought a new RN524X00 an migrated the two disks as i read you colud do 

whith these models. Everything worked exept from my surveillance program. The Milestone Arcus. I have bought some licenses and that was the problem. licenses lost. Not possible to install cameras. 

I have transfered the two disks back to the old NAS and now the licenses are there again.

Does anyone now how i transfere the disks to my new system without loosing the licenses?

best regards 

Magnus 

Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X – Premium Performance Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Since the licenses are attached to your NAS serial number, they don't transfer directly.  But ReadyNAS support should be able to give you what you need to transfer the licenses to the new NAS serial number.  Do keep in mind, though, that Netgear stopped supporting Milestone Arcus some time ago, so you are delaing with an older version of the software and may at some point have a problem with an OS update.  So you may want to start looking at alternatives.  I personally use Blue Iris on a PC with my NAS as the target for video backup.

Message 2 of 5
holmquistmagnus
Aspirant

Thank you

can i contact the Readynas support on this forum?

reg

Magnus

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@holmquistmagnus wrote:

can i contact the Readynas support on this forum?

my.netgear.com will let you do it.  But I think it's best to wait a bit, and see if the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) chime in - they can assist.

Message 4 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@holmquistmagnus

Welcome to the Community!

We'll try to help kindly check your Private message I will be asking for info on your devices.

HTH

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements