× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost Access Can't Reconnect

schalliol
Aspirant

Lost Access Can't Reconnect

For some reason while on the right IP, I couldn't access my NAS one day running the latest NV+ v1 can run. RAIDar couldn't find it. I did a FW reinstall from the reset button, but no love from RAIDar either, but that saw my Ultra 4 Plus. Front panel shows 192.168.168.168 and I couldn't access admin when getting on that subnet. Ideas? Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Does "no love from RAIDar" mean that it doesn't detect it?  Were you able to ping 192.168.168.168?

You might have a failed NIC (which is unfortunately not repairable).

Message 2 of 5
schalliol
Aspirant

Indeed it doesn't detect it in RAIDar, and I can't ping it. I guess I'll change switch ports and maybe even cables. If I've done a FW reset, is there anything else I can do to be sure there is in fact a NIC failure before tossing it? I really liked it as an awesome backup NAS and I just upgraded it with 2 GB drives.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@schalliol wrote:
Indeed it doesn't detect it in RAIDar, and I can't ping it. I guess I'll change switch ports and maybe even cables. If I've done a FW reset, is there anything else I can do to be sure there is in fact a NIC failure before tossing it? I really liked it as an awesome backup NAS and I just upgraded it with 2 GB drives.

You could try powering down, labeling the disks/removing them, and then powering up.  Then the NAS would be advertising "no disks" status, and you could see if Netgear can discover it.

Message 4 of 5
schalliol
Aspirant

No dice 😞

It was a good machine running for a very long time. I bought it as an Infrant product. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements