× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost Replicate config

BernyB
Tutor

Lost Replicate config

Hi,

I've been doing Replicate over WAN from a RN316 (6.5.1) to a RN104 (6.5.2) forfew months.  Few days agos I noticed that Replicate stopped because my email inbox was empty.  I went back home and my RN104 looked offline, so I rebooted the nas and the router. Then I was able to see it online from Replicate network panel.  But when I was trying to launch backups I got communication error -501 on every jobs. 

I decided to unregister both units and register again with the same user, because I got something similar the first time I configured the backup NAS.  Now, I lost alls my jobs and alls my reports.  I don't want to upload 10To from scratch.  Do I really have to recreate every jobs and find out the exact job names ?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Lost Replicate config

If you recreate the jobs with the same name and choose the correct destination (be careful not to nest them, so select the parent of the folder with the name of the job), it will restart from it stopped without restarting from scratch.

If you want to find out what the name of the job used to be, it's easy, it's the name of the folder that contains all the incremental folders.

If you want to double check after you started a job, browse the destination and you should see a 'in process' (or progress, can't remember) folder beside the folders of the previous occurrences (same parent).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If you recreate the jobs with the same name and choose the correct destination (be careful not to nest them, so select the parent of the folder with the name of the job), it will restart from it stopped without restarting from scratch.

If you want to find out what the name of the job used to be, it's easy, it's the name of the folder that contains all the incremental folders.

If you want to double check after you started a job, browse the destination and you should see a 'in process' (or progress, can't remember) folder beside the folders of the previous occurrences (same parent).

Message 2 of 4
BernyB
Tutor

😞

Thank you.  It would be really nice to be able to backup the Replicate config.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It would. You could post this as a suggestion in the idea section 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements