× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MKV files not visible in Samsung SmartTV but play ok from USB stick in TV.

DavidBulluss
Aspirant

MKV files not visible in Samsung SmartTV but play ok from USB stick in TV.

MKV files, most play in Samsung SmartTV from ReadyNAS 212 but some folders and files do not appear.The same folders and files are visible and playable from a USB stick plugged direct into the TV. Any thoughts?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DavidBulluss
Aspirant

Have managed to solve it by a bit of experimentation. Went to settings and selected DLNS. I then did a scan and now it is all good!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DavidBulluss
Aspirant

Have managed to solve it by a bit of experimentation. Went to settings and selected DLNS. I then did a scan and now it is all good!

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@DavidBulluss wrote:

I think you meant DLNA.

If you are running Plex, then you'll find that it has it's own built-in DLNA server.  That's different from the DLNA server you enabled (which is Netgear's ReadyDLNA).

Both will work, but you might find that enabling Plex's DLNA server will work out better for you.  It can transcode (and Netgear's won't).  Plus you'd only have one scan to worry about.

I don't recommend enabling both DLNA servers (though you can run Plex with the DLNA server turned off).

FWIW, newer Samsung TVs also have Plex built in - which is another option.

Message 3 of 5
DavidBulluss
Aspirant

Yes, DLNA (S & A keys next to each other!). I recall installing the PLEX app on the ReadyNAS but the inbuilt virus scanner went crazy! So I uninstalled it. May give it another go but for the moment the inbuilt DLNA is working.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@DavidBulluss wrote:

Yes, DLNA (S & A keys next to each other!). I recall installing the PLEX app on the ReadyNAS but the inbuilt virus scanner went crazy! So I uninstalled it. May give it another go but for the moment the inbuilt DLNA is working.

It's fine to stick with ReadyDLNA, as long as it's working out for you.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements