× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mail Client spamming my support centre

LoSLucifer
Aspirant

Mail Client spamming my support centre

Hello. First of all: Im new to NAS. I have tryed to look for answer in FAQ but there is no help there as i can see.

We have 2 Ready nas 316 with replicate active. The mail client i set to send a alert msg to my support centre.
Problem now is that the 316 is spamming the support centre. All i want is a alert mail IF there is a serious problem and NOT if my backup have gone successfull or my antivirus is updated.

i recive many complaints from my support centre due to this. I have tryed to look for a way to disable the alerts but i cant find out where to disable only the antivirus msg and backup/replicate mails.

Sorry for my bad english.
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Mail Client spamming my support centre

You could setup email filters on your mail client to filter out the unwanted messages.
Message 2 of 6
LoSLucifer
Aspirant

Yes but is there no other way to disable this? wierd.... wish for å fix so you can turn this off. useless info in the (spam)mail 😛

Ill check with the support centre if there is a way to do this. Problem is that we are goint to set up over 100 nas 316 boxes around in Norway.. then we have a hell of a job to filter this out.
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Not an elegant fix, but for now you could setup an email account dedicated to getting emails from the NAS units only. Filter out the emails you don't want and then forward the remaining on to your support centre's email.
Message 4 of 6
TimC1
Aspirant

Even when there is only one NAS I am getting an email once a day and it's very annoying. A daily successful update is such useless information.

Email filters on cell phones and workstations could backfire if the antivirus really does have something to say for once.
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well obviously you could filter the emails to go into a folder but still check that folder periodically, and update your filter where necessary.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements