× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Management Service is offline (RN102)

RoBa
Star

Management Service is offline (RN102)

Hi I  get message from RAIDAR "Management service is offline" (RN102). The firmware should be at the latest version 6.9.3.

I tried to reach the nas but it says forbidden "You do not have permission to access / fwbroker on this server."

Can you help me?

Thank you

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 25
StephenB
Guru

They made a security change in 6.9.3, which broke the fwbroker access.

Did you lose web access when the NAS was upgraded, or did it happen after that?

Also, do you have SMB access?

Message 2 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The logs should show why the Management service is offline.

Message 3 of 25
RoBa
Star

After..

thanks

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 25
RoBa
Star

unfortunately I was at work and could not do anything for the nas. I repeat tomorrow morning Thank you all
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 5 of 25
RoBa
Star

I can not connect to the nas, so I do not know how to download the log. I tried the guide How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators? but I can not connect to the nas via the web, it gives me error readynas admin page is offline.

Message 6 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a button in RAIDar to download the logs. Have you tried that?

Message 7 of 25
RoBa
Star

Done now. I had missed the chance .. Always too run-up. I put the records back in after months. I copy the previous request that generated the problem - Serial number is changed to NONE000200000 and mac address is changed to 00: 50: 43: 02: 00: 00 RN102 - I send the logs to PM. Thank you

Message 8 of 25
RoBa
Star

I can not attach zip files. How can I do ? thank you

Message 9 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Sending Logs link in my sig indicates the email address to send the logs to.

Message 10 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is your backup up to date?

Message 11 of 25
RoBa
Star

No. It is not updated unfortunately. can you see which folders are there? of some I have other backups no pèer reasons of space.   

Message 12 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your data volume is not mounted, so if you need a data recovery attempt you could contact support to enquire about that (they would explain the costs involved).

Message 13 of 25
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 14 of 25
RoBa
Star

ok. once the backup has been performed, must the nas be reinitialized as if it were the first use?

Message 15 of 25
widowmaker702
Aspirant

I seem to be having the same issue after updating to 6.9.3

Model: RN10443D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 16 of 25
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi widowmaker702,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you provide the NAS system logs? Please check this link on how you can send it.

Regards,

Message 17 of 25
RoBa
Star

Hi, I had the nas rn102 with it gave me error Management Service is Offline. After being able to make a backup, now I first tried to resintallere the S.0. v 6.9.3, but the nas went on to give the error Management Service is Offline. Then I tried to do the facory default and continue to give me Management Service is Offline. Can you help me?  thank you

Message 18 of 25
StephenB
Guru

@RoBa wrote:

Then I tried to do the facory default and continue to give me Management Service is Offline. Can you help me?  thank you

If you are ok with doing the factory default (which destroys your data) then I suggest

• powering down the NAS
  • connecting the drives (one at a time) to a Windows PC.  Both SATA and USB are ok
  • test the drives with Vendor tools (seatools for seagate, lifeguard for western digital)
  • after the non-destructive tests are ok, use the destructive "write zeros" test.  Lifeguard will give you a "quick" option - it is ok to use that.
  • Then reinsert the zeroed disks into the NAS and power it up.

At this point the NAS will detect that the disks are blank, and it will do a fresh factory install.  That is automatic, so there is no need to use the boot menu.

A variation here is to try data recovery software (ReclaiMe) first, and offload the data if that works.

Message 19 of 25
RoBa
Star

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try the suggested route and I will be able to tell you. Thanks again and have a nice day.

Message 20 of 25
RoBa
Star

Good morning I followed StephenB's directions, removed the disks, checked and reinitialized. As soon as you enter the Nas, the wizard appears and then asks you to create the volume. Once the volume is created, the Management Service is offline error reappears. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

Message 21 of 25
StephenB
Guru

Wait for the volume to finish syncing, it's possible that the NAS is too busy to respond.

Message 22 of 25
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RoBa,

The volume was already fixed but there is still issues on the readynasd. It appears the NAS has no good image of the ReadyNAS OS so L3 forcing the chassis to upgrade itself to 6.9.4 and he will reboot the NAS. Can you check again the NAS when it comes back up?

Regards,

Message 23 of 25
RoBa
Star

Hi JohnCM_S.  Despite the upgrade to 6.9.4, the message Management Service is offline reappeared. I have also tried to reset the factory values ​​to boot, but it does not change anything.  Many thanks for the work done so far.

Regards
Message 24 of 25
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RoBa,

As what has been discussed via PM, it was isolate that the issue is with the chassis. It seems that it is failing, when it is trying to review the volume on the NAS. It will be best if you will replace the chassis already.

Regards,

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements