× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mapping Home drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a RN214 , firmware 6.9.4

Euschrj
Aspirant

Mapping Home drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a RN214 , firmware 6.9.4

Mapping Home drive with Windows 10  Home 64-bit to a RN214 , firmware 6.9.4

I have just finished reloading this RN214 with all the relevant files from an older RDN4000.

So, this is a new chassis, rebuild raid.

I have constructed many shares on the raid.

I can drive map all the other shares via the defined user in the RN214, except the user share.

I am using the same user name and password for all shares .

The RN214 has created the user directory, and when i poll the RN214 in a CMD window with New View, it shows as a share.

I have gone in the accounts section of the RN214 and have reset the password for the user just to make sure i did not fatfinger anything.

When trying to map via net use - get system error 67 has occurred.  the network name cannot be found.

Any ideas?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Mapping Home drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a RN214 , firmware 6.9.4

If you only access the NAS with a single shared account, you probably don't need the home share (and in my opinion are better off without it).

Of course it should still work. Perhaps try rebooting both the NAS and the PC, and try mapping the home share using the NAS IP address instead of it's host name.

Message 2 of 4
Euschrj
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB.

i took a step back and asked myself why is it benefital for a node to automatically create shareable storage slices on it own.

So true.... it is a bit odd.

Therefore, i have just created individual shares and locked down access to prevent any prying eyes access to the keys of the kingdom.

Any idea how to stop this thing from auto generating a user share when anyone maps a general share?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Euschrj wrote:

Any idea how to stop this thing from auto generating a user share when anyone maps a general share?

Try disabling SMB for the home folder on in the share list.  It might not prevent the creation of the share, but you shouldn't see it from the PCs.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements