× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mirroring

jocala1
Aspirant

Mirroring

I purchased a ReadyNas 6 Ultra and populated it with 6 2Tb drives to serve as a mirror to my existing ReadyNas 6 Ultra with the same configuration. Am I looking at a straight rsync job to build my mirror, or is there a better way? Can the extra network ports be utilized for better effect? Thanks for responses. My existing ReadyNas units (a Duo and the Ultra) are top-notch hardware.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'd use NFS for the first backup then change the backup job properties to use Rsync. Also a good idea to make sure that on each NAS you have the same users and groups with the same UIDs and GIDs before beginning this process.
Message 2 of 5
jocala1
Aspirant

NFS, excellent idea, thanks 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Slasky
Aspirant

NFS works fine, just takes alot of time, specially if the RAID is full. I spent 55 hours backing up my media share from a Duo to an Ultra 4.

I dont think the Ultra series supports network-card teaming, just failover (if that). So I guess you just get the utilization of the one ports speed
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a community add-on to enable teaming. However that wouldn't help performance on the Ultra 4 or Ultra 6. On the Ultra 6 Plus it might provided you have a client machine with a raid array (or a SSD) using teaming or multiple client machines.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements