× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing Shares

Benthana
Aspirant

Missing Shares

Hello,

iam using the above mentioned Unit for four years without any problems on a Mac via AFP or SMB. Since 3 weeks i got error mesages "Disk 3 did not pass S.M.A.R.T  self-assesment". So i ordered a new one and turned the device off for some days.

After that i had pretty much the same problem like posted in this thread

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/quot-ReadyNAS-is-unable-to-access-the-data-volu...

First i would need to make my data accessible again, but i dont know how and iam far out of the 90 days.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Benthana

Model: RND4000v2|READYNAS NV+ v2|EOL
Message 1 of 5
Benthana
Aspirant

Betreff: Missing Shares

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

This is with an NV+ v2, correct?  Running 5.3.x firmware?  (The forum isn't routinely showing the model information you enter).

If you need to recover the data, then your options are

• contract Netgear for data recovery 
  • contract a third party recovery service.
  • try to recover the data yourself

On the last option - some have had good luck with ReclaiMe.  You'd need to purchase it to recover any data, but (like most of these tools) it will show you what it can recover before you buy.

Message 3 of 5
Benthana
Aspirant

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply. I think i will start with the third option but to organize 8TB of space and a Windows-Computer may take some time.

In the meantime my second question would be if there is an option to restore the volumes?

......oh and yes it is a NV+ V2 with firmware 5.3.12.

Thanks in advance.

Benthana

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Benthana wrote:

In the meantime my second question would be if there is an option to restore the volumes?

Netgear support might be able to do that.  If a second disk also failed it would be difficult.

One option is to clone the failed disk to a new one, and see if you can boot the system up using the cloned drive.  There is risk that you will lose data though, and the more things you try the bigger that risk becomes.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements