× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Missing VPD

N838901
Tutor

Missing VPD

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 4 that has served me well for years, but it was recently taken out by a power surge. It was upgraded to OS6. I have an identical spare unit that at one time was running various Linux OS's but was reverted back to NASOS6. I have inserted my drives into this unit but it seems to have lost the VPD as it is missing its SN. Is there any way to rebuild the VPD so I can use the ReadyCloud?
Model: RNDP4000 (ReadyNAS Pro 4)|ReadyNAS® Pro 4 System Diskless|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@N838901

Welcome to the Community!

Can you send me a photo of your NAS Label where the SN shows? it should be at the bottom and back part of the NAS and also please set your NAS to Tech Support mode..

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@N838901 wrote:
 Is there any way to rebuild the VPD so I can use the ReadyCloud?

I don't think there's any way for users to rebuild it (it requires Netgear tools).  @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V might be able to do it for you as a courtesy.

Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@N838901

Welcome to the Community!

Can you send me a photo of your NAS Label where the SN shows? it should be at the bottom and back part of the NAS and also please set your NAS to Tech Support mode..

Regards

Message 3 of 5
N838901
Tutor

@Marc_V thank you, I am glad to be here!

I will send you that information as soon as I get home from work.  Should be around 05:30 Central.

I appreciate it!

Message 4 of 5
N838901
Tutor

@Marc_V thank you again for your help. Looks like I am back in business!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements