× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

More Speed on RN10200.

MasterMus
Aspirant

More Speed on RN10200.

Got this nas a couple of years ago. Back then i had a network line on max 35 Mb/s.

Now i've transfered to get network through fiber aka now i have 300 mb/s, but can't seem to get that as the network bandwith settings says only 100MB/s

What can i do to change that? as this Nas RN10200 has gigabit network connection

added a picture, that shows what i mean

Best Regards

MasterMus

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: More Speed on RN10200.

@MasterMus wrote:

Now i've transfered to get network through fiber aka now i have 300 mb/s, but can't seem to get that as the network bandwith settings says only 100MB/s

Your internet bandwidth isn't relevant here, as the NAS is giving you the link speed of it's ethernet connection (it has no idea what your internet bandwidth is).  FWIW, it is reporting 100 mb/s (megabits), not 100 MB/s (megabytes).

What device is the NAS connected to?

Also, check that the ethernet cable is cat 5e or better.  

Message 2 of 4
MasterMus
Aspirant

Hi Stephen B

My Nas is connected to my D-link DIR-878 with gigabit connection and i'm using Cat6 cables

Best Regards
MasterMus

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@MasterMus wrote:

Hi Stephen B

My Nas is connected to my D-link DIR-878 with gigabit connection and i'm using Cat6 cables

Ok.  You can try a different cable, and perhaps also a different router port.  100 mb/s ethernet only requires 4 of the eight wires in the cable, so if there is a connector issue (or a failed wire in the cable), ethernet can end up at 100 mb/s.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements