× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple HTTP Access Problem

Roddneyuk
Aspirant

Hi

On my Readynas Duo for some time ive had a share with HTTP setup with read-only and set as the default webserver and had no issues
Ive then also had a second share with read/write access over HTTP and secured with a username and password. Ive had no issues with this until today.

I wanted an 3rd share that had FTP access for myself to upload and HTTP read-only for clients to download from and keep the existing
two shares as they are. But following setting this up the 3rd share 'HTTP read-only' is asking for username and password even though ive not set any,
all security is left blank.

Can anyone help,
Thanks
Message 1 of 3
sphardy1
Apprentice

This is quite normal

All shares enabled for HTTP access will always require a user id and password to access with the one exception of the read-only share designated as a the default web server share where you can specify the option to disable authentication if you wish.

Check the Frontview option for the default web server share to verify this - you'll see the authentication option under where you specify which share to use
Message 2 of 3
Roddneyuk
Aspirant

Re: Multiple HTTP Access Problem

Thanks sphardy,

ill just have to give my clients a username.

Dave.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements