× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple Probs: Insufficient Resources, FS Check, etc.

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes. Looks like you've found the problem. Either remove those directories or move them somewhere under /c using "mv" and you should find that the OS partition has plenty of free space on it again.
Message 26 of 28
p_boucher
Aspirant

Well look at that!!
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hdc1 1.9G 267M 1.6G 14% /

I also removed some outdated symlinks. Should be good for a long time now 😄 😄 😄 ...

I can't thank you enough for your help! It's really appreciated!

EDIT:
And now running on 4.1.9 😎 ...
Message 27 of 28
MrAsker
Tutor

p_boucher wrote:
Hi there!

I just fell too in the same situation as of today... I am an IT guy, but not that much linux... I'm missing some details on how to clear the log files.

So I guess my hdc1 device is full... How do I clean it up? The bigges file listed on ls /var/log -ahlS, is only 94M...

EDIT:
After a hardware reboot (the web interface did not want to reboot or shutdown the Duo but I thought it did), my hdc1 is at 96% (1.9G on 1.9G). I regained access to my shares without having Windows popping weird error messages. I am still interested to see which files I can target for deletion to give me room for another 2-3 years...

If you are still looking for a solution, this is basically what you need to do
#cd /var/log
#ls -ahlS
Please note the permissions on the file you want to "delete", e.g. (-rw-rw-rw-)

#mv [filename] [target location]
#touch [filename]
#ls -l [filename]

If the default permission mode (-rw-r--r--) needs to be changed then you start by figuring out how this works (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?chmod) so you can enter in the correct "mode".
#chmod [permission mode] [filename]
e.g.
#chmod 666 [filename]

At least this worked for me ...

Good luck
Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements