× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity,

Lauri
Aspirant

NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity,

My Netgear NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity, The message are:

"Less than 30% of volume media's capacity is free. NETGEAR recommends that you add capacity to maintain current performance levels. Continuous protection snapshots will be deleted when volume free space is less than 5%."

But, when i look at Explorer how much the NAS have used and free capacities, so sitution are following:
- Used capacity are 145 GB
- Free capacity are 781 GB
- Total capacity are 995 GB
What means the warning from NAS 102 above.
Should I be worried concerning the lacking store capacity.

What are/means snapshots ? I could not find any when I studied the explorer.

// Lauri

e-mail: Lauri.Rytkonen@telia.com

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity,

@Lauri wrote:

http://kb.netgear.com/23353/How-does-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system-use-snapshots-to-protect-my-dat...

@Lauri wrote:

My Netgear NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity, The message are:

"Less than 30% of volume media's capacity is free. NETGEAR recommends that you add capacity to maintain current performance levels. ...

But, when i look at Explorer how much the NAS have used and free capacities, so sitution are following:

Are you running 6.6.1 firmware?  If so, either turn off the AntiVirus protection, or upgrade to the 6.7.0 beta firmware.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS 102 has began to warn about lacking of capacity,

@Lauri wrote:

http://kb.netgear.com/23353/How-does-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system-use-snapshots-to-protect-my-dat...

@Lauri wrote:

"Less than 30% of volume media's capacity is free. NETGEAR recommends that you add capacity to maintain current performance levels. ...

Are you running 6.6.1 firmware?  If so, either turn off the AntiVirus protection, or upgrade to the 6.7.0 beta firmware.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements