× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS DUO RND2110

godders7
Aspirant

NAS DUO RND2110

I updated the software several months ago now when I go on the web through setup to check out the condition of my nas I just get the front page with no active buttons. see picnetgear screen shot.jpg

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS DUO RND2110

One cause of this problem is a filling OS partition.  This is not the same as the data partition - it is a 2 GB partition on the disks that runs linux and the ReadyNAS application.  If that's the cause, then your NAS will eventually lock up completely.

The first thing to do is back up all your files on an different device (a USB drive for instance).

After that you can try to get the admin page running again.

• reboot the NAS, and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, clear the logs from the web ui.
  • contact paid support (my.netgear.com), and have them resolve it remotely.
  • If ssh is enabled, then connect to the NAS with ssh, and see if the OS partition is full.
  • do a factory reset, reconfigure the NAS and reload the data from backup.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you try clearing your browser cache?

Also, what status is RAIDar giving you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 8
godders7
Aspirant

I downloaded the latest Raidar but still the admin page is frozen.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@godders7 wrote:

I downloaded the latest Raidar but still the admin page is frozen.

Understood.  I wanted to know if RAIDar was detecting your NAS, and what status information it was giving.

Also, can you access the data using file explorer (or finder)?

Message 4 of 8
godders7
Aspirant

Its detecting my nas OK see pic

screen shot 2.jpg

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

And can you access the files with file explorer (or finder)???

Message 6 of 8
godders7
Aspirant

I can access my files but it looks to me as if when I updated the OS desktop of the nas was corrupted, which means I am locked out of the OS of the nas. Fortunatly I can still store on it and stream my music.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

One cause of this problem is a filling OS partition.  This is not the same as the data partition - it is a 2 GB partition on the disks that runs linux and the ReadyNAS application.  If that's the cause, then your NAS will eventually lock up completely.

The first thing to do is back up all your files on an different device (a USB drive for instance).

After that you can try to get the admin page running again.

• reboot the NAS, and see if the problem disappears.  If it does, clear the logs from the web ui.
  • contact paid support (my.netgear.com), and have them resolve it remotely.
  • If ssh is enabled, then connect to the NAS with ssh, and see if the OS partition is full.
  • do a factory reset, reconfigure the NAS and reload the data from backup.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements