× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS Drive Caddy won't insert into 4-bay nas

jamie091486
Aspirant

NAS Drive Caddy won't insert into 4-bay nas

Dear Support,

I have a Netgear ReadyNas RN104 and have recently bought a new hard drive. I cannot insert the new hard drive caddy back into the enclosure. I turned off my NAS and tested putting an already installed drive in the 4th bay, which did'nt work either (I used the bay 3 HDD to test). I now cannot insert the bay 3 HDD back into bay 3 so I tested the hard drive from bay 2 which I can insert into bay 3 and bay 4 and  I can insert the bay 2 HDD back into bay 2 without an issue. So now I cannot insert the bay 3 HDD or the bay 4 HDD even with both caddy's without a hard disk. I have established that other HDDs can be inserted into bay 3 and 4.

Please help

Thank you

Jamie

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: NAS Drive Caddy won't insert into 4-bay nas

This is not Netgear support.  While there are a few Netgear moderators, it's mostly "user to user".

What do you mean, exactly, when you say you cannjot re-insert the drive?  It won't go in at all, or won't go in all the way?

If just not all the way, make sure the plastic toolless insert is fully pushed in and locked.

Message 2 of 5
jamie091486
Aspirant

Hi Sandshark,
Thank you coming back to me. It won’t insert fully , like the caddy is too big to insert. If I turn off the Nas Drive enclosure and move the existing HDD’s into the vacant two bays this works. I have ensured that the HDD is connected to the caddy correctly and that I open the front of the nas caddy so it slots in to the enclosure.

Cheers

Jamie
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Did the caddy insert properly before you put the drive into it?

If you used screws to mount the disk, did you use the ones provided by Netgear when you purchased the NAS?

Message 4 of 5
jamie091486
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Yes it did work although , I have found a dent so will be replacing the enclosure.

The Nas is it of warranty.

Thank you your help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements