× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS for Logitech’s Media Server (LMS) please

Rumpole
Aspirant

NAS for Logitech’s Media Server (LMS) please

My Readynas Ultra 2 with 2 * 2TB seagate drives is failing I think. See previous topic. If I wanted to replace this with a New Readynas unit is the Logitech Media Server app supported?  It didn’t appear in the listed apps on units I looked at.  If so would I get away with using same discs or should I just upgrade to bigger disc (s) and use these old ones as backups in a tower or something?

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS for Logitech’s Media Server (LMS) please

I'm not convinced that your Ultra's hardware is failing, though it is possible. 

You can temporarily put your disks into a new OS-6 x86 NAS (RN400 or better), and offload the data.  This is just temporary, you'd need to reformat them and restore the data from backup after you've offloaded it.

Personally I'd get new disks for the new NAS.  Then try rebuilding the Ultra - if that succeeds you can re-purpose it as a backup for the new NAS.

You will find Logitech Media Server NT at apps.readynas.com.  It's not an app that I use myself, so I don't know if there are any issues with it.

Message 2 of 3
Rumpole
Aspirant

Re: NAS for Logitech’s Media Server (LMS) please

Stephen

thanks for reply.  It has been running constantly for 8 to 10 years or something so doesn’t owe me anything. Something definitely amiss as it stopped taking changes to configuration such as the time or stopping and starting apps, just wouldn’t save them - which made me wonder if memory was a problem as a reload of the OS worked for a short while.  For £15 I can get a memory module from amazon so probably worth a punt.  If not Amazon May even take it back.  I am investigating the app and issues with new NAS boxes in the squeezebox community. They all seem to have PI builds to do the job and use NAS just for the files. Ooo er.  Needs thought.  Thx

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements