× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NAS with ReadyOS 6.9.3 hangs with message btrfs_set_root_node+35 in LCD screen.

augur
Guide

NAS with ReadyOS 6.9.3 hangs with message btrfs_set_root_node+35 in LCD screen.

Hi.

I own two ReadyNAS, one for active usage and one for backup. The backup device shots down after the backup process and starts shortly before. In the last time sometimes it hangs on the shut down. Yesterday the LCD screen showed btrfs_set_root_node+35. I could shutdown the NAS holding the powerbutton only. My primary device is active 24h a day and does not have any problems. Perhaps somebody know the issue for such problems.

Regards,

Nils

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP4420|ReadyNAS Pro 4
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NAS with ReadyOS 6.9.3 hangs with message btrfs_set_root_node+35 in LCD screen.

Hi augur,

It will be best to replace disk 2. Since the data volume is still mounted, replacing the disk could be all that is needed.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi augur,

Can you download the system logs of the NAS that is having the issue? If yes, you may provide it to us. Please check this link on how you can send it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
augur
Guide

Hi,

the system started to shutdown at Wed Jul 4 2018 3:00:12 but never did. Attached the logfiles in an email to you.

Regards,

Nils

Message 3 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi augur,

It appears that disk 2 has a current pending sector count of 1. Based on the smart_history.log, it just happened recently.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
augur
Guide

Hi.

That's the reason for broken shutdown? Is that correctable from the disk itself or have I to exchange it?

Regards,

Nils

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi augur,

It will be best to replace disk 2. Since the data volume is still mounted, replacing the disk could be all that is needed.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi augur,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
augur
Guide

The issue does not occur again, but I changed nothing. So could not say that it is solved 100%, but the information about SMART information on one drive was very helpful. There should be E-Mail alerting or something if there is be an issue there.

Thanks for your very good support!  🙂

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements