× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ Locked HDDs

Ed_Nv
Aspirant

NV+ Locked HDDs

Hi all,

I realise this is a long shot, however, I've been at this for days and at a loss after managing to create another locked HDD.

Had to replace 2x drives on my redundant NV+ (lost volume, so starting from scratch), and in the process, I've managed to end up with 3 ATA password protected 2tb drives and an ancient NAS that continually gets stuck initializing HDs 😞

I've tried unlocking via USB dock+PC with NETGEAR, and iterations of passwords found in historical posts (ie: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Locked-Hard-Drives/m-p/1007894) all with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: NV+ Locked HDDs

@Ed_Nv wrote:

Had to replace 2x drives on my redundant NV+ (lost volume, so starting from scratch), and in the process, I've managed to end up with 3 ATA password protected 2tb drives and an ancient NAS that continually gets stuck initializing HDs 😞

Did you attempt to do a secure erase, and then interrupt the process before completion?

Doing a factory reset with the disks in place is supposed to clear the password.

Does your NAS say ReadyNAS NV+ v2 on the front panel?  Or just ReadyNAS NV+?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements