× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ Unable to Connect on Mac running Sierra

pep
Aspirant
Aspirant

NV+ Unable to Connect on Mac running Sierra

I see my NV+ in finder. The logins work via the web. However, only guest connects on the Mac. I have tried forcing both SMB and AFP connections. I get the error "There was a problem connecting to the server ..." Then it says "Check the server naem or IP address, and then try again. "

I haqve a lot of data on the NV+ and it is now inaccessible other than via the web interface and even that only shows the media folders and not the user home folder.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
pep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: NV+ Unable to Connect on Mac running Sierra

I tried that and it didn't work. I verified the credentials by logging in via a web browser. 

I tried updating the device via the web and it didn't find an update but I found one online. I was at 4.1.13. I downloaded 4.1.15 and updated. That fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In Finder as it starts connecting, you should see "Connect As", can you click that and change the user credentials to your username/password for the NAS?

Message 2 of 3
pep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that and it didn't work. I verified the credentials by logging in via a web browser. 

I tried updating the device via the web and it didn't find an update but I found one online. I was at 4.1.13. I downloaded 4.1.15 and updated. That fixed the issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements