× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ stuck in Checking Quota's

Svenkost
Aspirant

NV+ stuck in Checking Quota's

Hi,

I had a power-failure last weekend and after that my NAS won't work normal. It is now already 3 days in the 'Checking Quota's' bootstep. Last time I looked it was on 1.6%. I persume one disk is faulty, because one time I watched the box the second driveled was flashing. Some time ago I also got SMART error messages on that disk, so I have a spare disk ready.

What should I do to restore my NAS? Can I replace the disk, or should I do something else?

I hope someone can help me!
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: NV+ stuck in Checking Quota's

Power down.
Remove the disk you think is bad, then try to boot up.
If this works, you have your problem.
If it doesn't, power down, replace the disk, remove a different disk, then try to boot. Repeat, just make sure you power down before changing disks and always put the disks back in the same slot from which they were removed. Don't remove more than 1 disk at a time.
You could also test the disks using vendor tools. Obviously if this process confirms that you have a faulty disk, you will need to replace it
Please tell us you have a backup.
Message 2 of 3
Svenkost
Aspirant

Re: NV+ stuck in Checking Quota's

Yes, I have an extra USB harddisk on top of the NV+ with daily scheduled backup jobs. I will try to remove the disk now. I will let you know what the results are! Thanx so far.

Ok, I just powered the NAS down by removing the power plug from the socket. It didn't react at all to the power button and the web-interface was also not available. After powerdown I removed disk 2. I powered it back up and the quota check was very fast. It took just a few minutes. I powered it down again to put in the new hdd. (I know it should be hot-swappable, but I think it is scary.) Now the raid is synchronizing and the webinterface is available.

Thanx for the support!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements