× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ v2 always crashes: 19456367

eddiemess
Aspirant

NV+ v2 always crashes: 19456367

Hi guys,

Specs:
Radiator 5.3.5
RAID Type: X-RAID2
Number of drives: 2
Drive Size: 2TB
Drive Manufacturer: Hitachi
Drive Model: P/N:0F12115
Security Mode: user
Gigabit ethernet, haven't touched jumbo frames yet.
Addons: Sabznzbd, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, Python, Transmission

I've spent months trying different disks etc in my NV+ v2 thinking it must just be a disk problem because the Nas couldn't be this bad. But I've given up now, here is my problem:

Anytime the NAS is under any sort of load, most of the time downloading and unzipping/copying/moving at the same time, or even a few times when I'm streaming from it to my WDTV it crashes. All the lights stay on, can't ssh, can't ping, can't http. Power button doesn't turn it off(power button has never worked to turn it off???), have to pull the power to boot again. Most of the time it gets stuck on "booting", the only way I've found around this is to pull ANY disk and it will boot from one then resync later when I insert the 2nd disk. I've tried different network cables, switches, modems, routers etc. Everytime I actually get into the NAS there are no current logs, my previous netgear support ticket was because Radiator 5.3.5 didn't install properly and the NAS stopped logging about a month before that....so they couldn't tell why.

The disks are on the HCL, my first set weren't which is why I specifically went out and bought these Hitachi ones. Although nothing seemed to change getting these HCL compliant ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, too much time and money has gone in to getting this right.
Message 1 of 7
eddiemess
Aspirant

Re: NV+ v2 always crashes: 19456367

System Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti6lw7jvh72ztmj/System_log-BERNIE-20120917-182148.zip
Message 2 of 7
BrokenNAS
Aspirant

Good luck getting any response. I have an NV+ V2 with 4 x 2TB disks and it is absolute crap. Same symptoms as you describe, any kind of load makes it crash hard and the only recourse is to power cycle the device. What a piece of junk this is. NetGear used to be a name that could be trusted for decent quality but they're really slipping. Tech support is a joke. Not impressed at all with NetGear any longer.
Message 3 of 7
BrokenNAS
Aspirant

Oh, and I've been fighting with this since early August, by the way. If I do find a resolution, I'll post it here.
Message 4 of 7
chirpa
Luminary

BrokenNAS wrote:
NetGear used to be a name that could be trusted for decent quality but they're really slipping.
I have to agree with this. Things have been going down hill for awhile. I don't know why they've pulled away from helping on the forums too.
Message 5 of 7
BrokenNAS
Aspirant

Yep. Pretty sad when a DLink at half the price outperforms the NetGear kit. I'm lucky (?) enough to have both. A DLInk at home which I routinely transfer gigantic files to and from without issue, and a NetGear at work which is nothing but problems at double the cost.
Message 6 of 7
eddiemess
Aspirant

I'm having my chassis replaced, who knows if it'll fix my issues.

I have a 2 year old QNAP TS-219P flying through exactly what I wanted it to do with 30minutes setup time. Disappointed with this Netgear Device.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements