× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Neatgear NAS102 Firmware upgrade 6.10.2 will not fully download-Unknown Error

SarahJef
Follower

Neatgear NAS102 Firmware upgrade 6.10.2 will not fully download-Unknown Error

I have three identical NAS102 unit (for company & Home use) with the last update 6.10.2 from 6.10.1, two have updated without a problem. The third almost completes the download then comes up with "Unknown Error' Message.

I have tried several times and rebooted the unit, but still get the same error.

Can you suggest any other things to try???

Thanks.

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 3
thasser
Aspirant

Re: Neatgear NAS102 Firmware upgrade 6.10.2 will not fully download-Unknown Error

I would first check to make sure you have enough space (this seems obvious enough).  If that is not the case, have you tried a manual firmware update by downloading the firmware (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNASOS-6.10.2-arm.zip) and uploading it under settings -> manual install firmware.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@thasser wrote:

I would first check to make sure you have enough space (this seems obvious enough).  

I'd try the manual install first.

What perhaps isn't so obvious is that the NAS isn't using space on the data volume to do the install.  You need to check the space on the OS partition.  

Have you seen any errors related to a full root on this NAS?  You could try downloading the log zip file.  If you then open volume.log and scroll to the bottom (to the === df -h === section), you'll see the OS partition listed as /dev/md0.  Normally it's less than 40% full.  Also, tmpfs file systems should be essentially empty.  You should also check for free inodes in the === df -i === section.  Normally only 1 or 2% of the inodes are used in these partitions.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements