× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need some help new user on nas and dlna

Crazywolf
Aspirant

Need some help new user on nas and dlna

Heya,

I bought this nas thinking i would press a few buttons and get my series/movies playing on my DLNA TV.... how wrong was i :?

I noticed ReadyDNLA doesnt support transcoding at all so stuck on there already as most if not all my stuff is mkv.
Looking around i found FLEX but i cant seam to even get it to showup on my TV at first .. later on i found it doenst support DLNA? so i geus i cant use that either to play on the TV (only made for pc's/pad's i geus?)

So is there any way to play my mkv files on the DLNA tv from the Readynas Ultra2?
Hope there is? otherwise i spent money on something i cant even use 😞
Message 1 of 3
b00st3d
Aspirant

i dont think so...i use a wdtv live device instead of my tv's built in dlna player app because of the limited number of formats the built in app works with. the wdtv live device connects to my network and has played every format i have thrown at it off my my readynas duo.
Message 2 of 3
Crazywolf
Aspirant

hmmm :'(

i geus i gotta put my xtreamer back on the tv then.... only reason i got this nas is cuase i though it could play mkv (transcode)

Was trying not to have to run my pc.. gues im back to the pc as a mediabox then 😕
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements