× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RND4000 NAS setup

Matthewj
Aspirant

Netgear RND4000 NAS setup

I am having trouble setting up my Ready NAS server since I relocated offices. I have RAIDar installed and its picking up the device however when I advancd to the next step of pushing the browse button it doesnt register the IP website address as it was previously setup and a delay in time error presents.

Any help would be great.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear RND4000 NAS setup

Is the I.P. of the NAS in the same range as your PC?

If not, you will need to either do an OS Re-install or

temporarily set the I.P. address of the NIC in your PC to be in the same range as your NAS, login to your NAS, change the settings for the NAS from static back to DHCP and then change the NIC settings for your PC back to what they were before.

Message 2 of 4
Matthewj
Aspirant

The Ready NAS has a different IP address but I am aware they need to be same as the laptop. I don’t know how to complete a OS re install and believe I would struggle with your other option. Is there any information you could provide that clearly demonstrates each step you proposed in great detail?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Can you tell us what firmware version RAIDar reports first?

The boot-menu options depend a bit on the NAS model (sparc-based v1 or arm-based v2) and the firmware version will tell us for certain what you have. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements