× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear SMB Plus Removal From ReadyNAS 314

Homith
Guide

Netgear SMB Plus Removal From ReadyNAS 314

Good Morning Everyone,
I was cleaning up my RN314 and since having the whole house now at Windows 10 I wanted to remove the Netgear SMB Plus application. This application has been installed for quite some time and I know I should have keep it updated but I have let it fall behind with updates. Installed is Version 1.04 running on ReadyNAS Firmware 6.7.5.
There is an update to Netgear SMB Plus to 1.05 however trying to install that I continue to receive the error message indicating thatSMB Plus could not be installed. When trying to remove SMB Plus I receive the error message Cannot uninstall the application SMB Plus.
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this and has any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue.
Cheers,
John

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear SMB Plus Removal From ReadyNAS 314

There are some package content conflicts related to vim.  You can manually clear that up with this command:

# sed -i '/\/usr\/share\/vim\/vim74/d' /var/lib/dpkg/info/vim-tiny.list

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

There are some package content conflicts related to vim.  You can manually clear that up with this command:

# sed -i '/\/usr\/share\/vim\/vim74/d' /var/lib/dpkg/info/vim-tiny.list
Message 2 of 6
Homith
Guide

Good Morning Skywalker,

I SSH'd into the ReadyNAS and used the command you had suggested with no luck. 

login as: root
root@192.168.1.67's password:

Welcome to ReadyNASOS 6.7.5

Last login: Sat Jul 29 11:47:19 2017 from ccie-w-001
root@ReadyNAS-314:~# sed -i '/\/usr\/share\/vim\/vim74/d' /var/lib/dpkg/info/vim-tiny.list
root@ReadyNAS-314:~#

<rebooted the ReadyNAS>

I then tried to remove SMB Plus using the Web GUI and received the error as follows:

Cannot uninstall the application SMB Plus

Open to other suggestions indeed and thank you for all your support

Cheers,

John

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 3 of 6
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Try running `apt-get -f install`.  That should give us a clue about what else might be wrong.

Message 4 of 6
Homith
Guide

Hang on .. there is an update..... I tried again two more times and the second time the application successfully was removed.

Cheers and thank you for all your help

Cheers,

John

Message 5 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Homith,

It does appear that you manage to remove the app from the NAS using the command that was provided. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements