× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Newbie Help Please

dobbsy
Aspirant

Newbie Help Please

Hi Everyone,

Ive just bought another Netgear Nas drive RN102 for work as mine works so well at home.

Just one question we want to keep some service reports on the drive that our customers would be able to access and download, Just wondering what the best way to set this up ?

There will be quite a few sites logging in and I dont really want to set-up a cloud user for each one.

Many Thanks

Craig
Message 1 of 3
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Newbie Help Please

If your RN102 is already using firmware v6.2.x, I suggest that you use ReadyCloud because you could give restrictions such as Read or Write or both Read/Write access to specified users you want to allow per share. For example: all of your service reports are stored in one share, then you could set user1 to have Read access on it then user2 has both Read/Write access and its up to you what permission you want to allow for specific users or not provide access at all.

Kindly check pages 64-72 of the user manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ ... ec2014.pdf

Hope my suggestion helps 😄
Message 2 of 3
dobbsy
Aspirant

Re: Newbie Help Please

many thanks will have a look
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation