× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No USB Share showing up after Power Loss and UPS auto-shutdown

SuperNASman
Aspirant

No USB Share showing up after Power Loss and UPS auto-shutdown

Hello,

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 2 with an encrypted volume running the 6.2.4 firmware.

I lost power last night, and I can see from the logs the UPS did shut down the NAS. However, I notice there is no share under /media for my external USB HDD which is a 2.5 inch bus powered drive. When I go to the NAS through windows file explorer I see there is still a folder called usb_hdd_7, but I don't see the share in Frontview under /media/USB_HDD_7 which creates difficulties when trying to backup to this destination.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: No USB Share showing up after Power Loss and UPS auto-shutdown

Try ejecting the drive, and plug it into a PC.  If Windows/OSX offers to repair it, then let it.  Then check that your data is there.

If it is, then reattach it to the NAS. 

Message 2 of 3
SuperNASman
Aspirant

Re: No USB Share showing up after Power Loss and UPS auto-shutdown

No joy.

Plugged it into a Windows PC, no offer to repair, but I checked it anyway, but it found no errors.

I tried restarting the NAS without the drive plugged in, but I still see usb_hdd_7 using windows explorer, but not in the /media shares. When I issue the mount command via SSH to see what is mounted, I don't see USB_HDD_7 either. Quite strange

It appears that if I try a different HDD it wont add that one to the media shares either, but if it is a USB Flash Drive it will add it to the media shares.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements