× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No access to readynas(104) after upgrade 6.4.1 ....

JD83
Aspirant

No access to readynas(104) after upgrade 6.4.1 ....

Hello,
Since the 6.4.1 update my readynas remains on the message " booting ..."
with the Activity LED Fixed and the LED on/off flashing slowly.
A ping from the pc has a positive return, but the administration page is not
accessible from a browser. The Raidar utility does not detect any device. How to connect to Nas to perform a rollback of the update? Best regards.
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
JD83
Aspirant

Hello,

After contact with the support, the cause was found. Too many snapshots this causing a malfunction during the update tio 6.4.1. By against impossible delete snapshots it took after the NAS starts in read-only mode, back up all data and perform a factory reset in version 6.4.1. At the restart, and after verifying the reynchronisation volume, the NAS is fully operational again.
Thank you to the Netgear support for assistance.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 17

All Replies
dsm1212
Apprentice

What did you upgrade from? You cannot easily go back prior to 6.4.0. Also, if you came from a version earlier than that there is a conversion of the btrfs filesystem that can take some time. I'm not sure it will say "booting" though if that is what it is. Someone else here probably knows. Either way the first question is what did you upgrade from :-).

steve

Message 2 of 17
ajbacon
Aspirant

I bought a RN 104 april 2014 and loaded it with 4 x 4TB Seagate NAS disks, to form a RAID 5 volume. It has worked fine ever since. Last Friday, I upgraded from the earlier firmware (did not check which) to 6.2.5 then on to 6.4.1. Now I only get a "page_address+8" message, no admin web access, no file sharing and I have had it on for over 24 hours. Have I lost my RN 104 and all the data there (about 5 to 6 TB of personal data)? Is there some way to downgrade the firmware? Or to upgrade to later firmware, even if Beta? How do I get access to it?

Message 3 of 17
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ajbacon,

This issue has been posted before. Kindly check this thread for more information.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 4 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

This is the upgrade firmware 6.4.0 to 6.4.1, as shown in the popup to launch the administration page. Except that since this update, the NAS will not boot. I have since made a firmware relocation attempt with the procedure found on the forum (using the reset button on the back and firmware installation choices). After this procedure, the NAS was revived, but it still remains at "Booting ...". By cons I see now with Raidar, except that it shows "Starting ..." and this message has not changed since last night.

Message 5 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

I also had this message "page address + 8" at the first restart after the update, but since multiple reminders it has not appeared.

Message 6 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

I just used your usb recovery tool to install a firmware 6.4.0 as 6.4.1 and rotten. I got access via a browser (access to certain files and folders). By cons still no access to the administration page and more Raidar the tool always displays as firmware version 6.4.1 ..... Does this mean that the version of descent did not work?
In that case thank you to tell me how to access telephone support to conduct a NAS in service delivery.

Message 7 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JD83,

Please see http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspxfor support contact.

Regards,

Message 8 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

Thank's, but the URL is not complete .... ;o)

Message 9 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Go to the Contact Us page on support.netgear.com

Note that if you do USB Boot Recovery it will update the firmware on the flash but not on the disks. As the firmware on the disks is newer when you next booted the system the firmware on the flash would be updated. You could try USB Boot Recovery to 6.4.0 immediately followed by an OS Re-install using the boot menu: 

Message 10 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

To thank you for your advice ... So I used the USB recovery with 6.4.0, and then install the OS from the boot menu. Raidar finds well the NAS in 6.4.0, I access to folders and files from Windows Explorer, but the LCD window freezes on "Updating FW .... Booting" with the LED flashing stop walking slowly. The Administration menu from a browser is still not available .... So I'm still not a satisfactory situation so that initially it concerned a simple FW update sent by your services up ... update that wasnt valid!

Message 11 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

More than three hours that the above transactions were carried out and the LCD still displays "Booting FW Update ...." .... and still no access to aministration screen ....

Message 12 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JD83,

It is best you get back to the support team, found your case 26252576.

It may need escalation.

Regards,

Message 13 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for the box number. I had the French media on the phone this afternoon. They must remember Thursday afternoon, I would communicate that number ler.
Thanks for your feedback.

Message 14 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

Hello, I had to be contacted by the media last Thursday, but I've had no call ..... I still can not access the administration page after making a return to 6.4.0 ... . my problem is still not resolved ......

Message 15 of 17
JD83
Aspirant

Hello,

After contact with the support, the cause was found. Too many snapshots this causing a malfunction during the update tio 6.4.1. By against impossible delete snapshots it took after the NAS starts in read-only mode, back up all data and perform a factory reset in version 6.4.1. At the restart, and after verifying the reynchronisation volume, the NAS is fully operational again.
Thank you to the Netgear support for assistance.

Message 16 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JD83,

Good to hear that your NAS is now back fully operational.

Please feel free to post any questions, suggestions and inquiries!

Regards,

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements