× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No antivirus updates since upgrade to 6.6.1

chrhei
Luminary

Perfect, works like a charm. Immediately after the reboot the AV signature was updated and displayed correctly within the Web-Gui. THX.

Message 26 of 47
goodrip12
Guide

Brilliant! Thanks, Skywalker - both of my servers restarted, AV updated, and updates showing in webui. Am looking forward to seeing if the updates complete properly in 24 hours when the timer kicks in...

This is such an excellent community - what a quick turnaround!

Message 27 of 47
gbeddow
Luminary

After reboot, AV updated. After a day or so, AV still seems to be getting updates, but in order to actually show up in the webui requires another reboot.

Message 28 of 47
gbeddow
Luminary

Webui refreshing now with AV updates, even without a reboot.

Message 29 of 47
orsmith
Tutor

No antivirus updates since upgrade to 6.6.1 and with following two error messages:

System: Antivirus scanner found a threat (Win.Worm.Tenga-73) in the file /data/._share/SHARE/.snapshot/b_1485266707_5604/Downloads/Norton Internet

System: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection.

No problems with internet access from various other programs

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 30 of 47
goodrip12
Guide

@orsmith wrote:

No antivirus updates since upgrade to 6.6.1 and with following two error messages:

System: Antivirus scanner found a threat (Win.Worm.Tenga-73) in the file /data/._share/SHARE/.snapshot/b_1485266707_5604/Downloads/Norton Internet

System: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection.

No problems with internet access from various other programs

I had a similar update failure message after the 'live update' that was rolled out which fixed the update mechanism... it turns out that my root 4Gb file system (/dev/md0) was in a read-only state.

This was due to the fact that while it was 80% full of data, according to 'df -k' but it needed a balance to sort out the btrfs metadata.

Message 31 of 47
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The root volume shouldn't be anywhere near 80% full. You've got a lot on it if it is that full.

Message 32 of 47
chrhei
Luminary

Message 33 of 47
goodrip12
Guide

In my case, the 80% volume usage was because of an old installation of Poussin's LMS server, which when removed brought me down to 48, then with a balance run, no longer an issue.

I was trying to illustrate the point that when I started to receive AV update failures, the message was actually misleading - there was no internet connection issue, but just that the process could not write to disk due to a read-only filesystem...

Clam AV updates for me now working reliably every day.

Message 34 of 47
zero11
Tutor

I have two 314's running 6.6.1 on the same LAN.  One's AV is dated 2/4/17 (yesterday afternoon), the other's is dated 1/18/17.

I rebooted 20 min ago, and still see the 1/18 date on the one unit. I've toggled AV service off/on too.

Can you quantify "shortly after reboot"?  What's my next step if I see 1/18/17 on there tomorrow, for example?

Thanks.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 35 of 47
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

@zero11 wrote:

Can you quantify "shortly after reboot"?  What's my next step if I see 1/18/17 on there tomorrow, for example?

Roughly 5 minutes.  If you're still not receiving updates, please send in your logs.

Message 36 of 47
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

We're getting HTTP error code 503 from Egnyte's repository when trying to update the package lists, which is causing the upgrade process to abort.  Do you a firewall or something that might be blocking egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com?

Message 37 of 47
zero11
Tutor

Yes, "cdn." was an entry in a router blacklist, and I've removed it.  I rebooted, and waited 5 min, and the AV updated.

I don't understand why one 314 updated just fine, and this other one didn't.  As I mentioned in my previous post of 2017-02-05 12:04 PM, both 314's on the same LAN.  Strange.  Thanks however.

Message 38 of 47
Irish_John
Aspirant

Same here, immediately after applying the 6.6.1 firmware I now have no access/ view of app and settings.

Too early to tell if it is just hidden or actually not running at all.

Really bad regression testing methinkst!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 39 of 47
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried ReadyNASOS 6.7.0-T158 (Beta 1) yet?

Message 40 of 47
viperhansa
Virtuoso

@mdgm wrote:

Have you tried ReadyNASOS 6.7.0-T158 (Beta 1) yet?

No not yet.

I don't like to go on betas since my test NAS went down.

The only unit i have now is my production unit.  🙂

// Hans

Message 41 of 47
Irish_John
Aspirant

Yes, I did and no thanks.

Restored 6.6.1 butAV still screwed up with no access.

Netgear, why did this pass regression testing?

Regards,

JH.

Message 42 of 47
lundmilo
Luminary

@Irish_John wrote:

Yes, I did and no thanks.

Restored 6.6.1 butAV still screwed up with no access.

Netgear, why did this pass regression testing?

Regards,

JH.

I updated from 6.6.0 to 6.6.1 one week ago and everything is still working exactly as prior to the update on my RN204.

Message 43 of 47
Irish_John
Aspirant

Delighted for you Michael.

John.

Message 44 of 47
orsmith
Tutor

I have been running with antivirus disabled since reporting experiencing this problem.  Today, I updated to FW version 6.7.1 and want to know if I should keep antiviris disabled or can I enable it and expect this bug to have been fixed?

Message 45 of 47
Irish_John
Aspirant

Thats not quite the experience I had, as once I had upgraded the problem was I had no Virus checker, and the beta-ware did nothing to help. I regressed back to 6I. Today I updated to 7.6.2, and whilst I can see the anti-virus service, and turn it off and on, I cannot see any of the options I used to have wrt configuring Anti-Virus e.g. run now, update the signature or look at logs.

Regards

John.

Message 46 of 47
jak0lantash
Mentor

@Irish_John wrote:

I cannot see any of the options I used to have wrt configuring Anti-Virus e.g. run now, update the signature or look at logs.

Iirc, that used to be in the Anti-Virus Plus app.

NETGEAR said that following on the replacement of the Anti-Virus engine at the beginning of the year, this app was no longer usable as incompatible with the new engine. Don't know if they will release a new version some day.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Antivirus-Update/td-p/1199929

Message 47 of 47
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 46 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements