× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No apps installed or available - RN316 on 6.10.0

Steedvlx600
Luminary

No apps installed or available - RN316 on 6.10.0

Need advice for an issue where no apps are shown either on the 'installed' or 'available' pages.

I have done factory reset and currently run 6.10.0,  The Volumes are still ReSycning.
I cannot run 6.10.1 on this system as it constantly locks out the admin account for unknown reasons. So, updating is not an option. And, frankly, the apps did not work in 6.10.1 when it was installed briefly before locking me out. This install of 6.10.0 has not locked me out... yet.

The 'Cloud' page shows "Internet Available". So, I know that web access is not the problem.

So, if you have any suggestions how to get the apps pages to work. Please let me know.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Steedvlx600 wrote:

So, if you have any suggestions how to get the apps pages to work. Please let me know.

It can take a while for the available apps to show up - not sure why.  You can download them from apps.readynas.com and manually install them.

Though my general advice is to be very selective on the apps (especially the third-party ones).  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Steedvlx600 wrote:

It can take a while for the available apps to show up - not sure why.  You can download them from apps.readynas.com and manually install them.

Though my general advice is to be very selective on the apps (especially the third-party ones).  

Message 2 of 3
Steedvlx600
Luminary

Thanks for the reply!

I had another hour or so until the RAID resync completed. So, I went out for some grub...

When I came back, this thing had automatically rebooted... That was a facepalm moment as I didn't want that to happen.

However, when I logged back into admin, the first thing I noticed was that a hotfix had been applied. (HF2) I had actually been looking for it based on other threads here. And, couldn't find it.

Suggested apps also showed a couple of live recommendations. And, the app pages finally lit up. In THIS case, intrusive automatic updates actually paid off for me. I suppose there is a first time for everything. (NG still needs to allow us to turn them OFF for the Orbi systems though.)

So, your suggestion to wait it out was effective. Although it wasn't really what I had planned.

I only want SMB+, Kernel extensions and Plex. So, now  that those three are running without any apparent problems, I think I will just start restoring my files and, move forward from here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements