× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No detection of "bad" power supply on ReadyNAS 4200V2 with OS6.7.5

Sandshark
Sensei

No detection of "bad" power supply on ReadyNAS 4200V2 with OS6.7.5

Having recently seen a couple of posts from users with 3200's and 4200's with power supply issues, I ran an experiment and unplugged one of the supplies on my 4200V2 running OS6.7.5. While is beeped loudly, there was no message in the log that a power supply had failed. I don't have email alerts turned on, but my suspicion is that it would not have sent one, either.  Pulling the supply completely silenced it, but there was still no entry in the log.  It made no difference if this was done with power on or it was booted that way.

I know OS6 is not officially supported, but it sure would be nice if it did properly detect this, as many with this type of unit administer them remotely.  Do the newer rack-mount units with redundant supplies provide proper notification?  I only ran this unit briefly with OS 4.2.x, but I am sure that it logged a power supply failure if one was not plugged in to a power source.  I don't know if it complained if a supply was pulled completely (I suspect not, as that would be an intentional act).

Model: ReadyNAS-4200v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements