× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No found nas in lan. NR1100

mmsouto
Follower

No found nas in lan. NR1100

We have achieved a NAS 1100 without discs that we want to take advantage of for a small job.
I do not know the IP that I had configured nor the user and password so I wanted to reinstall the OS.
I have put 4 discs Seagate Barracuda of 1TB.
As we connect it to electric current it turns on only and I can not turn it off with the button on the front.
Try reinstalling the OS by having it off with the back button and turn it on by holding down on reset but doing nothing.
On my computer I have configured the 192.168.168.10 network but it does not appear either.
Any ideas?
Thank you.
Model: ReadyNAS-1100|ReadyNAS 1100
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: No found nas in lan. NR1100

Factory default or just installing all new drives will set the unit to use DHCP for its IP address and default admin password.

It sounds like you have no data volume.  The NAS is not accessible until it builds a volume.  What status, if any, does RAIDar show?

Were the drives blank?  If not, you may need to remove them and remove al partitions using a PC.

Note, too, that for the old machines, the default password is netgear1.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: No found nas in lan. NR1100

@Sandshark wrote:

What status, if any, does RAIDar show?

RAIDar can be downloaded from here: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

It should be able to discover your NAS and report status even if the NAS IP address isn't on your subnet.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements